Allies and Advocates for Women (A2W) – A diverse and inclusive group whose members strive to create a workforce that promotes opportunities and supports a culture that fosters successful women and girls. Inception: 2016
Chair: Nicole Piontek Co-Chair: Melanie Grande
Executive Sponsor: Andrea Warmbier
Website: click here
- A diverse and inclusive group whose members influence dialog and promote awareness of the challenges women face in STEM environments.
- Positively impact the issues that affect women in the workplace.
- Create awareness to decrease stereotypes and biases that negatively impact women in the workplace.
- Play a vital role in LaRC’s retention efforts by offering employees a sense of community and belonging.
- Engage with the CLC to strategically evaluate workforce culture and influence center level policy.