Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) – We aspire to help create a work environment in which all members of the NASA community can thrive and bring the best of their abilities to support each other and the NASA Mission. We envision a workplace in which the heritage, culture, perspectives, contributions, and needs of people of Asian and Pacific Islander descent are shared and valued by all. Inception: 2021
Chair: Matt Simon Co-Chair: Brian Notosubagyo
Executive Sponsor: Steve Dykeman
- Provide a support network for those who identify as Asian Americans or Pacific
- Promote discussion on and advocate for issues affecting the AAPI community.
- Promote cultural awareness and connection between AAPI individuals on the center,
at the agency, and in the local community.
- Provide a forum through which employees from any background can engage with us
as colleagues, friends, and allies.
- Provide outreach opportunities to connect Langley employees with organizations
involved with the ERG community.
- Initiate activities and programs to foster relationships and communication among all
Langley employees on ERG issues.
- Increase employee engagement and cross-agency connectivity.
- Supply support for center events and activities and community building.