Mentoring Employees to Realize Goals and Experiences (MERGE) – An all-inclusive group whose purpose is to expand Langley’s culture of mentoring to all employees for the enhancement of everyone’s work experience and to improve Langley’s contributions to the Agency. Inception: 2019
Chair: Parker Glass Co-Chair: Cyrus Kosztowny
Executive Sponsor: David McGowan
Our mission is to expand the mentoring partnerships and programs across the center in order to increase collaboration and knowledge transfer, provide information about career advancement and networking opportunities, and enhance engagement while fostering diversity for better situations and solutions in order to support the career success of all employees across NASA Langley Research Center and the Agency.
Expand Langley’s culture of mentoring to all employees for the enhancement of everyone’s work experience and to improve Langley’s contributions to the Agency.
BENEFITS TO NASA
- Provide a network of experienced mentors who can help anyone on Center who seeks a mentor.
- Provide an easily accessible database of mentors across the center with a breakdown by topic/expertise.
- Provide information about opportunities to which folks otherwise wouldn’t have access.
- Provide a means for learning from all levels of career experiences
- Enhance leadership skills for all, not just those following a traditional supervisory path.
- Support the career success of all employees.
- Boost morale by providing access to resources pertaining to career advancement.
- Engage in multidirectional mentoring partnerships.